The visa entitles you to enter the UK to seek work or self-employment for a period of 12 months. One month before the visa expires, you may choose to apply for further permission to stay in the UK.
However, you must be economically active in order to succeed. If granted, permission to remain is for a period of three (3) years. If you are granted permission by the Home Office to stay in the UK under the HSMP for the entire four years and then decide that you wish remain in the UK on a permanent basis, you would then be eligible to apply for permanent residency.
The HSMP easily qualifies as one of the best work to residence programmes ever introduced by any country.
- Fast processing - 6 months (likely to increase)
- Low application fees - GBP 315/- (Rs.34,000/-)
- Open to employed and self employed individuals
- Special provision for applicants below 28 years of age
- No requirement of job offer
- Work permit valid for 12 months which allows you to seek employment or set up a business.
- At the end of 12 months, you can apply for a 3 year extension
- At the end of 4 years, you qualify for permanent residence
- Even your spouse can legally work
Note: this scheme is too good to be true and I do not expect this to last forever. So hurry soon!.
Free Assessment of HSMP
What is HSMP
Detailed Information of HSMP VISA
Requirements of HSMP
Fees and Charges of HSMP
Check your Eligibility of HSMP
The MBA Provision
Frequently Asked Questions.htm